How to stop snacking during work..
This is a real big problem for me especially when I am bored with routine tasks or stressed over the lack of time or inspiration.. Here are all the advices I could find..:
1. When you feel hungry, drink a glass of water and see if the feeling goes away. If not, have a yogurt;
2. Small portion and healthy snacks like fruits or yogurts are of course a better choice than anything else that is sold in my office…;
3. Magnesium rich food or suppliments can help reduce the stress induced hunger so I’m gonna buy these tonight;
4. When in need of something sweet have a hard candy or a mint instead of chocolate or biscuit;
5. Concentrate on your food, avoid watching TV or browsing the internet while eating. Chewing the food thoroughly will make you full quicker;
6. Always start your meal with salads that can fill you up so you don’t fill hungry to eat more than you need;
7. Drink at least 1.5 litres of water per day;
8. Fats and refined sugar quickly makes you hungry again so choose food that processes longer like fibers and slow-release carbohydrates;
9. Avoid snack storage in the office, if you have it – you’ll eat it;
10. Better to divide your meal into small portions several times a day than to have three full meals;
11. Brush your teeth after each meal so you won’t have the urge to mess up with the fresh feeling in your mouth.